US Payroll - Post 6 Yrs completion

suharis

Hi, i am going to max out all the 6 years in the end of Feb (28th) 2014. My employer had filed for GC but the PD is in August so very less probability of getting things smooth. I need to move out of country by that date. But question is can i work for the same employer from INdia and get paid as usual in the normal US payroll.

what are the other options i have ? To terminate the employment and find new jOb? pls suggest the options.

My employer is not existing in INdia, so he doesnt have a payroll in India.

-harish

Hi, i am going to max out all the 6 years in the end of Feb (28th) 2014. My employer had filed for GC but the PD is in August so very less probability of getting things smooth. I need to move out of country by that date. But question is can i work for the same employer from INdia and get paid as usual in the normal US payroll.

what are the other options i have ? To terminate the employment and find new jOb? pls suggest the options.

My employer is not existing in INdia, so he doesnt have a payroll in India.

-harish

Yes, that is allowed.

If a person is getting paid in US dollars, then he is employed in US and working in US though he is not in US.

Based on what status he has to get paid in US dollars??

A person who is not physically in the US is in no status.

Of course such a person can be employer by a US company, and can get paid in US dollars. A person doesn't have to be physically in the US to be employed by a US company.

The tax issues are a bit complicated, though.

You can work in India for any employer from any country as long as you pay tax appropriately. The salary can be in any currency. The only ramifications are tax ramifications.

A person who is not physically in the US is in no status.

Of course such a person can be employer by a US company, and can get paid in US dollars. A person doesn't have to be physically in the US to be employed by a US company.

The tax issues are a bit complicated, though.

I was of this opinion. Thanks for clarifying pontvecchio and JoeF.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived