Travelling to India after applying for h1 (currently h4)

kiranyamuna

Dear Madam/Sir,

My wife is currently on h4 visa and her visa has expired with a valid I-94 till 2016. She wish to apply for h1 next year(2014) and also planning to travel in June.. As her Visa has expired, she has to go for stamping in india to come back. We have some concerns about this. Is it ok to travel in june after applying for h1 visa in april? When does h1's usually get approved? If its get approved while she is in india, what risk does it have? 

Please advice.

Thanks

Kiran

Dear Madam/Sir,

My wife is currently on h4 visa and her visa has expired with a valid I-94 till 2016. She wish to apply for h1 next year(2014) and also planning to travel in June.. As her Visa has expired, she has to go for stamping in india to come back. We have some concerns about this. Is it ok to travel in june after applying for h1 visa in april? When does h1's usually get approved? If its get approved while she is in india, what risk does it have? 

Please advice.

Thanks

Kiran

If her H1B gets approved before her travel she is fine. But, if it gets approved after her travel her COS will be denied. In that case to be on H1B she has to exit and enter US on a H1B visa. 

Archived