Urgent need for H1B stamping in Canada

Ravi Reddy

Hi all,

Need some guidance and help

I am a first time OPT to H1B visa holder,need to go to India for some very important family need in the end of February.

I have not applied for any visa stamping yet. my friend in a similar situation had gone to india and had trouble getting the visa in india so, iam thinking if it is possible to get my stamping from Canada before I go to India. I have no idea where to apply and where the earliest possible dates could be.

While starting the application it asks for a location,if I select any canda location will I be able to change the consulates later if dates are not available from the one I initially choose?

Please help me if any one of you have any idea what I can do in this situation.

earliest dates available ion any location in Canada and if there is any way to get a spot in or by end of February?

please help.Will really appreciate it.

Thankyou.

Hi all,

Need some guidance and help

I am a first time OPT to H1B visa holder,need to go to India for some very important family need in the end of February.

I have not applied for any visa stamping yet. my friend in a similar situation had gone to india and had trouble getting the visa in india so, iam thinking if it is possible to get my stamping from Canada before I go to India. I have no idea where to apply and where the earliest possible dates could be.

While starting the application it asks for a location,if I select any canda location will I be able to change the consulates later if dates are not available from the one I initially choose?

Please help me if any one of you have any idea what I can do in this situation.

earliest dates available ion any location in Canada and if there is any way to get a spot in or by end of February?

please help.Will really appreciate it.

Thankyou.

HI....

If you go to Jamaica....and you dont get a visa.....its hard to go to india with out routing the US.....which is pain in the a**....

So better go to canada..... like 10-15 days early to your scheduled India trip ...if you get a visa thats well and good..if unfortunately you happen to receive a 221g/Admin processing..... take the passport and go to india...for your trip...the Admin processing roughly take around 6weeks....so ones you receive your clearance come back to Canada...get your visa stamped and enter US....

hope this helps...

Archived