H1B and H4 stamping from different company

mich_antony

Hi,

You may already answered to this question, please redirect me to correct thread or please help me for the bellow question:

About 4 months back, I transferred my H1B from company A to company B. I planned to go to india next month for vacation and I need to go for stamping. My wife have the H4 approval from company B, but in her passport, she have visa stamping from company A valid till Jan 2015. Will she also require stamping since I’m going to get stamping for Company B?. Can I have new stamping from Company B and my wife(H4)  can use stamping from Company A to enter into USA? Will there be any issues at port of entry?

Also note that, recently I got notification from USCIS that 797 Approval from company A got revoked.

Please help!

Thanks,

Anthony.

Hi,

You may already answered to this question, please redirect me to correct thread or please help me for the bellow question:

About 4 months back, I transferred my H1B from company A to company B. I planned to go to india next month for vacation and I need to go for stamping. My wife have the H4 approval from company B, but in her passport, she have visa stamping from company A valid till Jan 2015. Will she also require stamping since I’m going to get stamping for Company B?. Can I have new stamping from Company B and my wife(H4)  can use stamping from Company A to enter into USA? Will there be any issues at port of entry?

Also note that, recently I got notification from USCIS that 797 Approval from company A got revoked.

Please help!

Thanks,

Anthony.

Yes, your wife can use her existing visa and no need to go for new visa stamping. And, if your visa is expired you need to get a fresh H1B visa stamped. At POE both of you have to show new employer's I797.

She can use the existing H4 visa to return. You may choose to both apply if you want to make sure both visas expire at the same time in future.

Please note for future reference that every H1 employer has to revoke the H1 petition when one leaves. H4 status is based on your valid H1 status with any Employer and is not employer dependent unlike the H1.

Archived