Planning visit out of U.S between switching jobs on H1B.

am_k

I currently am on an H1B visa and work full time with my employer. I have recently got a new job and the H1B transfer just came through. 

I want to take a trip to India sometime between joining the new company, so here are some questions:

Should I get my stamping for the new company or the old? If I want to visit a different country later on (assuming the visa is stamped with the old company's) will it be possible with the old company stamping. If so, should I still be working with the old employer, because then I have to use that vacation time, then give 2 weeks notice and thus delay my new employer joining - not sure how that would work out as the new employer did premium processing for me to join sooner. Can they check that I got a new visa transfer done recently?

Is it risky to go for a visa stamping after quitting my old job, if I have the latest paystubs from old employer, and the offer letter and H1b document from new employer. This would be assuming I won't be working for the old employer anymore. 

Which option should I choose?

I currently am on an H1B visa and work full time with my employer. I have recently got a new job and the H1B transfer just came through. 

I want to take a trip to India sometime between joining the new company, so here are some questions:

Should I get my stamping for the new company or the old? If I want to visit a different country later on (assuming the visa is stamped with the old company's) will it be possible with the old company stamping. If so, should I still be working with the old employer, because then I have to use that vacation time, then give 2 weeks notice and thus delay my new employer joining - not sure how that would work out as the new employer did premium processing for me to join sooner. Can they check that I got a new visa transfer done recently?

Is it risky to go for a visa stamping after quitting my old job, if I have the latest paystubs from old employer, and the offer letter and H1b document from new employer. This would be assuming I won't be working for the old employer anymore. 

Which option should I choose?

If your old employer's H1B visa is valid there is no need for stamping. If not, you would need to go for stamping. If you are planning to enter US and start working for new employer then you would need to produce all new employer's documents. If you are planning to come back and serve two weeks notice period and then resign from old employer then you need to produce old employer's documents.

Archived