6th year H1B.. PERM will be applied need suggestions on options

arjunanand

Hi All,

My 6th year H1B  Visa is expiring on Aug 17, 2014 and with recapture i will get another 30 days.

My employer said they will be submitting PERM next week (Jan 02 14hopefully)

looks like current trend for time taking for PERM to get approved  is about 200 to 240 days.

what are my options here..

1. should go on vacation for out of country before visa Expiring so I can recapture those days and so i can make total of 365 days and apply for one year Extenison while i am in US itself?

2. Wait on PERM hope to get approved if not in August 2014 leave the country for about 3 months and apply for one year Extenison and get stamped come back in Again.

3. my Wife is H4 currently but she has H1B CAP exempt. Find an employer for her and Transfer H1B. Myself change my status to H4 sometime around Aug 2014 wait for the days needed and apply for one year Extension and change status to H1 again.

Please advise.. on my options which is less risky...

i think My employer's attorney took really long time for applying I guess.. because he applied PWD on June 2013 and took about 8 months for applying PERM I my assumption was it would take less time.

Hi All,

My 6th year H1B  Visa is expiring on Aug 17, 2014 and with recapture i will get another 30 days.

My employer said they will be submitting PERM next week (Jan 02 14hopefully)

looks like current trend for time taking for PERM to get approved  is about 200 to 240 days.

what are my options here..

1. should go on vacation for out of country before visa Expiring so I can recapture those days and so i can make total of 365 days and apply for one year Extenison while i am in US itself?

2. Wait on PERM hope to get approved if not in August 2014 leave the country for about 3 months and apply for one year Extenison and get stamped come back in Again.

3. my Wife is H4 currently but she has H1B CAP exempt. Find an employer for her and Transfer H1B. Myself change my status to H4 sometime around Aug 2014 wait for the days needed and apply for one year Extension and change status to H1 again.

Please advise.. on my options which is less risky...

i think My employer's attorney took really long time for applying I guess.. because he applied PWD on June 2013 and took about 8 months for applying PERM I my assumption was it would take less time.

Go with option 3 and move to H4 a month before your 6 year H1B max out date.

Archived