I-140 approved, 7th yr on H1b getting laid off

syatrip

Hi Everyone,

I am currently on my 7th year of my H1b, and i have my H1b stamped until Dec 2015. I 140 is approved Eb3.

Getting laid off in August 2014 and i am expecting a baby in end of August.

1. Even though i have completed 6yrs on H1B, can i switch jobs based on my I-140 approval?

2. once i get laid off in August 2014, can i take a break for 2-3 months and still stay on the H1B and then transfer to a new company?

3. If i can't take a break for 2-3 months in August, then it is better to transfer on H4 based on my husbands H1? but if i transfer on H4 then can i get back on H1 after couple of months?

please let me know

thanks

Hi Everyone,

I am currently on my 7th year of my H1b, and i have my H1b stamped until Dec 2015. I 140 is approved Eb3.

Getting laid off in August 2014 and i am expecting a baby in end of August.

1. Even though i have completed 6yrs on H1B, can i switch jobs based on my I-140 approval?

2. once i get laid off in August 2014, can i take a break for 2-3 months and still stay on the H1B and then transfer to a new company?

3. If i can't take a break for 2-3 months in August, then it is better to transfer on H4 based on my husbands H1? but if i transfer on H4 then can i get back on H1 after couple of months?

please let me know

thanks

1. Yes.

2. No, as you will be out of status you have to immediately find a new employer.

3. Yes, you can move to H4 and you can move back to H1B as long as I140 is not revoked.

Archived