221g and then b2 visa

randomimmigrant

Hello,

I recently had to travel back to india suddenly as my sister had passed away and I wanted to be with my mom in this tough time.

And so, I went for h1b stamping in india and was given 221g blue slip asking to get end client letter and my end client says they cant give end client letter as it is their HR policy to not give end client letter to contractors.

Now am thinking since, I cant get those documents, and as I want to stay close to my family, I am looking for jobs in India and settle down here. But since I travelled all of a sudden, I did not get all my things from US and so I want to travel once more back to US in B2 visa and clear all my stuff and bank accounts and come back.

Do you think, USCIS will overlook my 221g and give me B2 visa to travel to US?

S

Hello,

I recently had to travel back to india suddenly as my sister had passed away and I wanted to be with my mom in this tough time.

And so, I went for h1b stamping in india and was given 221g blue slip asking to get end client letter and my end client says they cant give end client letter as it is their HR policy to not give end client letter to contractors.

Now am thinking since, I cant get those documents, and as I want to stay close to my family, I am looking for jobs in India and settle down here. But since I travelled all of a sudden, I did not get all my things from US and so I want to travel once more back to US in B2 visa and clear all my stuff and bank accounts and come back.

S

Sorry to hear about your loss. It is a tough situation for you. It will be almost impossible to convince VO that you are planning to go on a B2 visa to wind up your things in US especially when you have a 221G pending. Try to submit the email from client mentioning that they will not provide you a client letter and submit other proof like a copy of your employee ID/badge to support your case. Take the help of friends to clean up your apartment, etc. Also, talk to a good immigration attorney.

You have a genuine reason for applying B2 visa. And I think you can go in that direction, but I suggest you to contact an attorney.

Also is there a way for me to cancel my h1b visa 221g petition? does this prove that I want to come back to India?

Basically I dont see a point in settling in US as anyways all iBanks are moving there jobs back to India paying hefty salaries.

US is not a desirable place anymore as it used to be.

Well that's your personal opinion and I respect it. But think practically, all those companies or banks are US based and a single law can change everything.

Also is there a way for me to cancel my h1b visa 221g petition? does this prove that I want to come back to India?

Basically I dont see a point in settling in US as anyways all iBanks are moving there jobs back to India paying hefty salaries.

US is not a desirable place anymore as it used to be.

You would need to withdraw your H1B application by contacting US consulate in the city where you had attended interview. It does not prove anything.

Archived