H1 B transfer and new I-94

Shik20

I am currently working for employer A and have got a job opportunity with Employer B. I have not joined employer B yet. The H1B transfer to employer B just got approved. Now I have to go to India for some family emergency. My stamped visa is expired, so I will have to go for visa stamping. 

1] Will I be able to do my visa stamping in India for employer A? Even if the employer B petition is approved

2] Can I enter US on employer A petition and visa stamping

3] Can I join employer B once I re-enter US. Will the new I-94 will be a problem for me to join employer B

Please reply. Appreciate all your help

I am currently working for employer A and have got a job opportunity with Employer B. I have not joined employer B yet. The H1B transfer to employer B just got approved. Now I have to go to India for some family emergency. My stamped visa is expired, so I will have to go for visa stamping. 

1] Will I be able to do my visa stamping in India for employer A? Even if the employer B petition is approved

2] Can I enter US on employer A petition and visa stamping

3] Can I join employer B once I re-enter US. Will the new I-94 will be a problem for me to join employer B

Please reply. Appreciate all your help

1. If your intention is work for employer A when you return back you can use employer A's documents. If not you need to use employer B's.

2. Refer 1.

3. Refer 1.

Thank you jairichi!

My intent is to resign employer A and join employer B on my return from India. As I have not joined Employer B yet can I do my visa stamping on employer B papers?

If yes, would there be complications in the stamping as I just have the offer letter but no payslips for employer B?

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks.

Thank you jairichi!

My intent is to resign employer A and join employer B on my return from India. As I have not joined Employer B yet can I do my visa stamping on employer B papers?

If yes, would there be complications in the stamping as I just have the offer letter but no payslips for employer B?

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks.

I believe your intention is to come back to honor your contract and serve a notice period to employer A before resigning. If this is the case you can apply for H1B visa using employer A's documents. After serving the notice period you can resign and join employer B. Kindly check with an attorney too or wait for others opinion.

Archived