H1B receipt number not recived

ttestdpk

I got a new job in a company ( in the east) .. My new employer reported that they will file my H1 in Regular processing , I requested and expedited the process to premium processing , and my employer asked me to send $1225 check in the name of attorney . I have sent the cheque to the attorney in december 1st week .

In Dec 2nd week , my new employer called me and gave my joining date as December last week , I have asked for the receipt number for H1 , they said they dont have it , and said they will let me know once they receive it . they also informed that they are expecting the receipt number in a week. The same day i checked my bank account the cheque amount of Premium processing got deducted .

This is Dec 3rd week, its been more than a week my amount got deducted from bank. i have not received my Receipt number yet.

Please help me in letting me know

1. how much time does it takes time to get Receipt number filed under premium processing ??

2. is it legal for a company to give a start date for the new hire employee before getting the receipt number ??.

3. Is it advisable to contact the attorney to check whether they have filed my H1?? ( as i have asked the new employer HR many times , dont want to bug them again )

Thanks for your time

I got a new job in a company ( in the east) .. My new employer reported that they will file my H1 in Regular processing , I requested and expedited the process to premium processing , and my employer asked me to send $1225 check in the name of attorney . I have sent the cheque to the attorney in december 1st week .

In Dec 2nd week , my new employer called me and gave my joining date as December last week , I have asked for the receipt number for H1 , they said they dont have it , and said they will let me know once they receive it . they also informed that they are expecting the receipt number in a week. The same day i checked my bank account the cheque amount of Premium processing got deducted .

This is Dec 3rd week, its been more than a week my amount got deducted from bank. i have not received my Receipt number yet.

Please help me in letting me know

1. how much time does it takes time to get Receipt number filed under premium processing ??

2. is it legal for a company to give a start date for the new hire employee before getting the receipt number ??.

3. Is it advisable to contact the attorney to check whether they have filed my H1?? ( as i have asked the new employer HR many times , dont want to bug them again )

Thanks for your time

1. By email in a couple of days and by regular post within a week.

2. They do ask an employee to join but it is wise to wait for receipt notice at least if not approval notice.

3. If you have attorney's contact info you could check with him or her about the status rather than checking whether H1B petition was filed or not.

• 4 weeks later...

Can you convert a normal processing to premium processing after one day? say you have filed H1B transfer today and then want to move it to premium tomorrow, is this possible, when can you expect the receipt number in that case.

Anytime you can upgrade to premium processing. Receipt date would be received in the same time frame like regular processing. Only a decision on H1B petition is taken quicker i.e. 15 calendar days.

Archived