Labor got approved, filing I-140 and change in job/site.

vcy22

Hi,

Need some advice on my current situation.

My labor got approved few weeks back and my priority date is set to Feb 2013. And my I-140 is getting filed in next week.

But, all of a sudden, I see i might have to change the job position or location for the same company.

so, I think the company has to start the process again as my location is getting changed.

with that, the priority date will remain same i.e Feb 2013 or it has to go through the Labor certification again and it has to change?

will it has effect on I-140 application. 

Please advice.

Whether a change in job location invalidates a Labor Certification (or not) will depend on what the location is. If the LC is for a job that requires travel or if the change is to a location within normal commuting distance, the job offer may still be valid. This is very much a fact-intensive question and requires carefull consideration before jumping to any conclusion.

But even if the location does not change but the worker is changing employers, a company may still be able to file the I-140 for future employment even if the worker was employed while the LC was being processed.

I've seen these situations here at Murthy Law Firm and I can tell you that you definitely want to talk with a lawyer who can look at your specific facts to get specific legal advice on what would be a wise and legal move for your case.

Archived