Need Urgent Help

ted2014

Hi All,

I all currently I am on L1 visa and I applied for H1b this april. Today I received the approval notice and it is saying the above petition and change of status is approved. I see an I-94 attached to the petition and it is saying it is valid from 12/06/2013. Could someone please suggest which Visa status I am in.

Can I still continue to work with my L1 employer.

Your suggestions are highly valuable to me.

Thanks in advance.

Hi All,

I all currently I am on L1 visa and I applied for H1b this april. Today I received the approval notice and it is saying the above petition and change of status is approved. I see an I-94 attached to the petition and it is saying it is valid from 12/06/2013. Could someone please suggest which Visa status I am in.

Can I still continue to work with my L1 employer.

Your suggestions are highly valuable to me.

Thanks in advance.

You are on H1B visa from 12/06/2013. You have to stop working for L1 employer as it will be considered as unauthorized employment.

Thanks jairichi and t75 for the information. What will be the status of my wife. She was with me on L2. Can she apply for H4 and stay in US till it is approved.

Thanks a lot.

You should apply immediately for a COS from L2 to H4 as she is considered out of status. File an I539 with supporting documents. She can stay as long as a decision is pending with USCIS.

Archived