H1B Transfer as a sub contractor

sona1618

Hi,

I am planning to join as a full time employee to a consultancy A. They are going to place me as a contractor at Firm B which is handling a state government project.

I am travelling out of US in near future and I would like to know the following.

1) As I am working as a contractor to Firm B, will they provide me a client invitation letter as the client is a state government.

2) Will it be considered as three layers during my Visa interview and will there be any risk during Visa stamping.

3) My Current Visa is expiring in 2015. So, If I travel out of US before that, Do I have to get my stamping or is it not required.

1) As I am working as a contractor to Firm B, will they provide me a client invitation letter as the client is a state government.

2) Will it be considered as three layers during my Visa interview and will there be any risk during Visa stamping.

3) My Current Visa is expiring in 2015. So, If I travel out of US before that, Do I have to get my stamping or is it not required.

1. You need that letter

2. Yes

3. No need of new stamp

Hi,

I am planning to join as a full time employee to a consultancy A. They are going to place me as a contractor at Firm B which is handling a state government project.

I am travelling out of US in near future and I would like to know the following.

You are NOT a contractor. You are an employee. If your employer places you at a client company is irrelevant for you. You are still NOT a contractor, you are an employee.

Somebody on H1 can NEVER be a contractor. Forget the word "contractor." It doesn't apply to you.

For an H1 visa, you need a client letter, and the employer-employee relationship has to be demonstrated.

Archived