H1B approved today, can I apply for H1B transfer

Soni19

Hi All,

My husband on L1B visa valid till jan,2014 (company A). he had applied for h1b for 2013 from company B.

Today only he saw that H1b approved on uscis website. He talked to company A. The manager said they need in project and he will file H1B Transfer for me.

Please Suggest.

1. Is it a valid case to file H1B transfer just after receiving approval of H1? (Note: that he will have no pay stub from Company B.)

2. Can stay in USA during H1b Transfer in process..

I know you guys are very quick in reply. Thanks in advance.

Hi All,

My husband on L1B visa valid till jan,2014 (company A). he had applied for h1b for 2013 from company B.

Today only he saw that H1b approved on uscis website. He talked to company A. The manager said they need in project and he will file H1B Transfer for me.

Please Suggest.

1. Is it a valid case to file H1B transfer just after receiving approval of H1? (Note: that he will have no pay stub from Company B.)

Kindly Reply... I need your help.

Hi All,

Please Suggest.

Was it approved as change of status? I

What do you mean this this statement? "The manager said they need in project and he will file H1B Transfer for me". Is H1B for you or for your husband in this case?

Be clear in your posting

Was it approved as change of status? I

What do you mean this this statement? "The manager said they need in project and he will file H1B Transfer for me". Is H1B for you or for your husband in this case?

Be clear in your posting

It is COS.

Sorry, I mean the manager want to take him in project, and he is ready to file his H1B transfer.

So, my question is:

1. if his company can file H1b transfer for him, without any paychek

2. Just within 2 weeks  after approval?

Thanks

It is COS.

Sorry, I mean the manager want to take him in project, and he is ready to file his H1B transfer.

So, my question is:

1. if his company can file H1b transfer for him, without any paychek

2. Just within 2 weeks  after approval?

Thanks

First he should stop working for current L1 employer as it will be considered as unauthorized employment. And, if you were previously on L2 status and if a COS to H4 is not filed you are currently out of status in US. He has to file a COS for you from L2 to H4 immediately. His L1 employer can file a cap exempt H1B petition without any pay checks as he has not joined employer B.

Archived