Unable to respond to RFE - withdraw H1?

workingmom

Hi,

I was on H1 visa and converted to H4. I then found a project and a consultant filed for my H1. They got an RFE asking a client letter with more details about the project. The client did not provide this. The consultant now wants to send a letter on my behalf to withdraw the H1 they filed. Is this ok? They are saying this is to preserve my current H4 status. Will withdrawing the H1 affect me in any way (future H1)? 

Is there anything I need to be cautious of as they are saying they will send a letter on my behalf?

Please advice. Thank you very much in advance.

Hi,

I was on H1 visa and converted to H4. I then found a project and a consultant filed for my H1. They got an RFE asking a client letter with more details about the project. The client did not provide this. The consultant now wants to send a letter on my behalf to withdraw the H1 they filed. Is this ok? They are saying this is to preserve my current H4 status. Will withdrawing the H1 affect me in any way (future H1)? 

Is there anything I need to be cautious of as they are saying they will send a letter on my behalf?

Your consultant is doing the right thing. Once H1B petition is withdrawn you will be still on H4. This withdrawal will not affect outcome of future H1B petitions.

Hi,

The H1 is their application. There is no "sending on your behalf."

Next time, avoid consulting companies.

Archived