B.SC (4y Nursing Degree) with 1y clinical work exp. H4 Visa. Options to work


Recommended Posts



I'm posting this on behalf of my wife, Swetha.


She's in USA on dependent H4 visa. I want to know what her options are to work here as a nurse. She has B.Sc (4 years, Nursing degree) from NTR University, Vijayawada, India. She is also willing to convert to F1 (student) visa if she needs to practice nursing in USA. Please help by providing some guidance, your help is very much appreciated.




Link to comment

There at least a couple steps your wife will need to go through.  First and foremost she will need to take and pass the U.S. nursing licensure exam.  Then she will need to find an employer that will petition for her own H-1B visa.  There are immigration attorneys and law firms that specialize in foreign nurses.  You should research the topic on the Internet and contact a qualified immigration attorney experienced (specializing) in nursing.

Link to comment
  • 4 months later...
  • 6 years later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.