H1B transfer Premium processing delay


Recommended Posts

My H1 transfer was filed on premium processing on Oct, 26th, RFE date- Nov, 5th   and current  status is RFE. My new employer A is still working on collecting docs for RFE reply. My current VISA has expired in Oct'2014, however my H1B /I-94 transfer has been extended to 2016.  I need vacation for 2 weeks in Feb'2014 due to some urgent personal work. That's why I want to join early.


These are my queries, could you please suggest me.


1. Should I join company A ( which is processing my H1 transfer)? Don't know how much time USCIS will take to change RFE status to  'RFE Response Review' and approve? Should I take this risk, if I have one more offer ? I have heard, 99% of  RFE cases got approved if docs are proper from client and candidate.


2. I have another offer of company 'B'. Can I ask company 'B' to file H1 transfer in case of rejection of my H1 with employer A in worse case? Is there any time limit to apply after switching to 'without status' after H1 rejection. Can I stay for a month or for few weeks? Do I need to go back to India in case of rejection?


3. Should I inform my leave plan to my new employer 'A' before joining? or should I wait for VISA approval and joining. Please suggest perfect time. I have a good relationship with delivery manager. Willit be any risk for VISA stamping in India after employer change?





Link to comment


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.