H4 Visa for F2

Komalgargi

Hi,

I went to U.S in April 2013 on F2 visa(dependent to F1) while i was in U.S i applied for change of status from F2 to F1. My application is in pending status. Meanwhile on OCt 1st 2013 my husband's H1 got activated and he is on H1 now.My F2 visa will expire in dec 2014 but as my husband's H1 is activated i guess my F2 is not valid anymore. I was told that as i applied for F1 and my application is under process am not out of status.

I came back to India on Nov 9th 2013, I have my H4 Visa appointment scheduled on 29th November. Will i face any problems during my interview.Please suggest me any Ideas to convince the U.S consulate.

Hi,

I went to U.S in April 2013 on F2 visa(dependent to F1) while i was in U.S i applied for change of status from F2 to F1. My application is in pending status. Meanwhile on OCt 1st 2013 my husband's H1 got activated and he is on H1 now.My F2 visa will expire in dec 2014 but as my husband's H1 is activated i guess my F2 is not valid anymore. I was told that as i applied for F1 and my application is under process am not out of status.

I came back to India on Nov 9th 2013, I have my H4 Visa appointment scheduled on 29th November. Will i face any problems during my interview.Please suggest me any Ideas to convince the U.S consulate.

Should not be a problem. Good luck.

Archived