L1 to H1 Change of Status; want to stay back on L1

H2014

I have L1A visa till April 2014.My family is on L2; all of us are in USA now and my wife is working on L2.

Some employer filed my H1B this year and it got approved in Sep 13 with CoS.

Long story short, I didn't join H1b company and staying with L1A company now. 

To reinstantiate my L1a I am visiting canada next week but I have one Doubt :

Question is: The H1B employer never applied H4 for my dependents, do my dependents need to go out of country and comeback with me to get their L2 status back? or their L2 will be automatically taken care with my visit abroad and coming back.

I have L1A visa till April 2014.My family is on L2; all of us are in USA now and my wife is working on L2.

Some employer filed my H1B this year and it got approved in Sep 13 with CoS.

Long story short, I didn't join H1b company and staying with L1A company now. 

To reinstantiate my L1a I am visiting canada next week but I have one Doubt :

Question is: The H1B employer never applied H4 for my dependents, do my dependents need to go out of country and comeback with me to get their L2 status back? or their L2 will be automatically taken care with my visit abroad and coming back.

If you have been working with L1 employer from Oct 1st 2013 then it is unauthorized employment. Same goes for your spouse. Talk to a good attorney before you head out to Canada.

Hi, I have a similar problem but little different. Appreciate if I could get a solution.

I was on L1B and a new organization filed for H1b COS and it was approved on Nov 4th 2013. But now that organization says that they can't place me and will withdraw their petition.

To retain my L1B status back, if the organization withdraws H1B petition, will my L1B status be reinstated or Any way I should exit USA and re enter on my L1B visa again which is valid till March 2014?

Hi, I have a similar problem but little different. Appreciate if I could get a solution.

I was on L1B and a new organization filed for H1b COS and it was approved on Nov 4th 2013. But now that organization says that they can't place me and will withdraw their petition.

To retain my L1B status back, if the organization withdraws H1B petition, will my L1B status be reinstated or Any way I should exit USA and re enter on my L1B visa again which is valid till March 2014?

Hope you stopped working for L1B employer from Nov 4th 2013. Otherwise it is unauthorized employment. Yes, you need to exit and enter US with a valid L1B visa to be on L1B status.

Archived