name reversed in passport - will that be an issue

rajankz

my dad recently got his passport and they have revered his name and surname(as in surname is given name and given name is surname). i was planning to create his DS160 and apply for visit visa. after seeing the copy of passport i thought of filling tall the details to match the passport.

my question is : will this be an issue in applying for visa or should i ask him to change his details?

I know it seems simple enough to think that passport should have correct data, but as my dad is old and we do not have a passport issuing authority in our city, i was wondering if this is something that we could avoid.

Best,

R

my dad recently got his passport and they have revered his name and surname(as in surname is given name and given name is surname). i was planning to create his DS160 and apply for visit visa. after seeing the copy of passport i thought of filling tall the details to match the passport.

my question is : will this be an issue in applying for visa or should i ask him to change his details?

I know it seems simple enough to think that passport should have correct data, but as my dad is old and we do not have a passport issuing authority in our city, i was wondering if this is something that we could avoid.

Best,

R

Better get the names corrected in passport. If it is passport office fault I believe a new passport would be issued for free.

Archived