H1B on almost complete Master's degree

alex123

I already have a master's degree and 

I will complete my _second_ master's degree by 30th April 2014

The winter semester (Jan - April) only requires me to complete 1 credit.

Otherwise I have completed all other requirements for the MS.

I am currently on F1 status that will expire on 30th April.

Now, suppose a company sponsors my H1B and applies for it on 1st April 2014 with premium processing,

how will the H1B case be judged by USCIS? Will they judge it based on my first master degree

because the second one is not yet officially complete at the time of the application?

Or will they judge it based on the second one because I will graduate on 30th April(probably by the time they start judge my case, I already finished the 2nd degree)?

My job is more related to the second one(2nd degree is a exactly match), but the first one is also in some way related but not exactly match, I was wondering if I can use the 1st one to apply. 

My undergraduate degree also matches (BS in CS). 

The job is CS related (UI Design).

My first master degree is related to business information systems and the second is on UI Design.

I can graduate in December 2013 itself, but I don't have any OPT remaining.

So thats why Im planning to postpone graduation by one semester and work on CPT

for the company.

I already have a master's degree and 

I will complete my _second_ master's degree by 30th April 2014

The winter semester (Jan - April) only requires me to complete 1 credit.

Otherwise I have completed all other requirements for the MS.

I am currently on F1 status that will expire on 30th April.

Now, suppose a company sponsors my H1B and applies for it on 1st April 2014 with premium processing,

how will the H1B case be judged by USCIS? Will they judge it based on my first master degree

because the second one is not yet officially complete at the time of the application?

Or will they judge it based on the second one because I will graduate on 30th April(probably by the time they start judge my case, I already finished the 2nd degree)?

My job is more related to the second one(2nd degree is a exactly match), but the first one is also in some way related but not exactly match, I was wondering if I can use the 1st one to apply. 

My undergraduate degree also matches (BS in CS). 

The job is CS related (UI Design).

My first master degree is related to business information systems and the second is on UI Design.

I can graduate in December 2013 itself, but I don't have any OPT remaining.

So thats why Im planning to postpone graduation by one semester and work on CPT

for the company.

If your education is not related to your occupation expect a RFE or denial. If you are lucky you might get a RFE and possibly by that time you would have your second degree that would help your attorney to answer RFE easily.

Archived