Administrative Processing - Ottawa, CA

newbie1000

Hello all,

I have attended interview on Wed oct 23rd and I was told by VO that there are some administrative delays from their end and nothing that i should be worrying about.

When asked if my visa was approved - they said, it is in the process of approving and it should be ready for pick up on Friday or Monday.

When I check the status - it says "Administrative Processing. 

Any insight as to why it is displaying like this?

How much is the usual time to wait before reaching out to them and emailing asking for status?

Thanks!

Hello all,

I have attended interview on Wed oct 23rd and I was told by VO that there are some administrative delays from their end and nothing that i should be worrying about.

When asked if my visa was approved - they said, it is in the process of approving and it should be ready for pick up on Friday or Monday.

When I check the status - it says "Administrative Processing. 

Any insight as to why it is displaying like this?

How much is the usual time to wait before reaching out to them and emailing asking for status?

Thanks!

were you given any form? 

did the VO take your passport? or he gave it you? 

did they mentioned anything about PIMS? 

if the VO has your passport and you have not heard anything yet then you should go to consulate and ask for an update... there was a similar case here in Toronto (look for content from t2v profile) the lazy people at Toronto were just sitting on the candidate's file doing nothing although it was ready to be issued...then they went to the consulate and asked for an update and the VO told it should have been already approved and surprized that the candidate did get any info yet... so if your passport was taken by VO and no form was given to you then please contact the consulate

Hello,

I have same type of Issue ...I have attend visa interview in Jamaica today.Interview went for 15-20 min. vfs  have not issue any slip.Told that verification required and ask me to come at Wednesday 2pm to check.Did any one has seen or listen this type of case before ....Plse plse help me out

@Kalyan - visa interview was pretty straight forward and except for the tracking form that they give to everyone is what I have been given. It was also kind of assured that I should be able to pickup my passport on friday or monday at the least coz of administrative delays.

Should I go straight to consulate and ask for status? and I could not find t2V profile.

@Kalyan - visa interview was pretty straight forward and except for the tracking form that they give to everyone is what I have been given. It was also kind of assured that I should be able to pickup my passport on friday or monday at the least coz of administrative delays.

Should I go straight to consulate and ask for status? and I could not find t2V profile.

Dude, read the instructions in the sheet they gave you, it should have everything. No body can go and ask for status at a Consulate. I agree you are newbie, but you don't even know what form that you have. If its for tracking, then obviously they have approved visa. No offense to anyone, but its surprising! ;)

Thanks @ indeed.

Since it was displaying "Administrative Processing", based on what I read from other forums, they were possibly thinking it could be "221g" and there were no certain time lines and obviously i'm bit peeved out.

Oh well.. the status changed to "Issued" and I received an email from loomis branch. 

I guess that is a default behavior, not knowing what is happening behind the scene definitely cause tumultuous thinking.

Key here is the Patience. It is the virtue! 

Thanks everyone!

Archived