First H1b Renewal - Drop box option Q

chickhawk

Hi,

I am currently on H1b which expired in Sept 2013. I got my first H1b stamping done in Canada as I was on F1 before that in USA itself. 

I am going to India in Dec and looking to get my 2nd/renewal H1b stamping done. 

My question is regarding dropbox option: 

1. Do I qualify for the waiver? 

"If I am applying for an H or L (individual) visa, my prior visa in the same classification with the same petitioner is still valid or expired within the last 12 months. Note: Blanket L1 visa applicants do not qualify, but Blanket L2 spouses are eligible.

I am going through same petitioner, same job, expired within last 12 months BUT my first stamping was not in India. Does that disqualify me? There is no mention of country to issue H1. 

2. If I qualify for dropbox does that mean I do not have to show up for interview at all - including biometrics? 

All I need to do is go drop my docs at the address and wait for a response?

3. I already paid my fee and considering I am eligible for dropbox ... is there any time limit to when I have to drop docs by? I will be going in Dec. Nothing will expire by then? There is no date option whatsoever... so it is up to me to go over and submit docs at the date that suits me?

-----------------------

Thanks!

Hi,

I am currently on H1b which expired in Sept 2013. I got my first H1b stamping done in Canada as I was on F1 before that in USA itself. 

I am going to India in Dec and looking to get my 2nd/renewal H1b stamping done. 

My question is regarding dropbox option: 

1. Do I qualify for the waiver? 

"If I am applying for an H or L (individual) visa, my prior visa in the same classification with the same petitioner is still valid or expired within the last 12 months. Note: Blanket L1 visa applicants do not qualify, but Blanket L2 spouses are eligible.

I am going through same petitioner, same job, expired within last 12 months BUT my first stamping was not in India. Does that disqualify me? There is no mention of country to issue H1. 

2. If I qualify for dropbox does that mean I do not have to show up for interview at all - including biometrics? 

All I need to do is go drop my docs at the address and wait for a response?

3. I already paid my fee and considering I am eligible for dropbox ... is there any time limit to when I have to drop docs by? I will be going in Dec. Nothing will expire by then? There is no date option whatsoever... so it is up to me to go over and submit docs at the date that suits me?

-----------------------

Thanks!

You do not qualify for dropbox as the visa that you are renewing was not stamped initially in India. Look at eligibility criteria No.1

http://cdn.ustraveldocsdotcom/in/in-niv-visarenew.asp

Archived