Cancel appointment in Toronto and take in India and reuse for second H1

anurags

I have to go to India for stamping but I have already made the appointment in Canada. 

I am wondering if I can just simply cancel the appointment which I have already taken at Toronto for visa stamping this year in November and then reuse the same funds for next year second time H1b stamping.

My I -797 H1b petiton will expire in September 2014, and I was planning on going to Canada to get my stamping done; however, due to some emergency I have to go to India this year in December, so I am wondering if I can just simply cancel my visa appointment in Toronto (November) and utilize those funds against the next year H1b stamping when I have new I797 in 2014.

Please advise. Thanks

I have to go to India for stamping but I have already made the appointment in Canada. 

I am wondering if I can just simply cancel the appointment which I have already taken at Toronto for visa stamping this year in November and then reuse the same funds for next year second time H1b stamping.

My I -797 H1b petiton will expire in September 2014, and I was planning on going to Canada to get my stamping done; however, due to some emergency I have to go to India this year in December, so I am wondering if I can just simply cancel my visa appointment in Toronto (November) and utilize those funds against the next year H1b stamping when I have new I797 in 2014.

Please advise. Thanks

Nope, you cannot. You need to fill a new DS160, pay fees and book appointments for finger printing and visa interview.

Please advise. Thanks

You can use it if the interview is in Canada.

Nope, you cannot. You need to fill a new DS160, pay fees and book appointments for finger printing and visa interview.

Yes, I know that I will be filling out new DS160 and paying the fees again to go for stamping in India - . What I am referring to here is the fees which I have already paid at Toronto Canada consulate. 

1) When I cancel my toronto appointment - I will have funds available to use at the same location for 1 year. Right?

2) Now can I use these funds against the second H1b stamping. I would have to go for stamping again in 2014 as my H1b will expire by that time and I will have new I797.

This time when I go for stamping in India - I will only get the stamp until my I797 expiration which is Sept 2014.

Please let me know if I am still not clear here.

Yes, I know that I will be filling out new DS160 and paying the fees again to go for stamping in India - . What I am referring to here is the fees which I have already paid at Toronto Canada consulate. 

1) When I cancel my toronto appointment - I will have funds available to use at the same location for 1 year. Right?

2) Now can I use these funds against the second H1b stamping. I would have to go for stamping again in 2014 as my H1b will expire by that time and I will have new I797.

This time when I go for stamping in India - I will only get the stamp until my I797 expiration which is Sept 2014.

I know it has a validity period but I am not sure whether it is a year.

You can use that same receipt until its expired. But you can use only for consulates in Canada.

Archived