Canada Visitor visa getting delayed

Gr422

Hello all

I have applied  Canada visitor visa on Sep17th online.

Got response to send passport on Oct 10th.

Passport reached Canadian embassy on Oct 15th.

I have included express return envelope while sending my Passport, no update on return envolope till now.

Does anyone received passport from NY Canada consulate recently? how many days its taking to get passport back.

I have H1b stamping scheduled in Canada  NOV 1st week.

1. Will I get passport with stamping if i go to Canadian embassy in new York inperson?

2. Or is there a way to expedite the process?

Please Update me if any one got passport from NY consulate recently and how many days they are taking to send passport back.

Thanks

Hello all

I have applied  Canada visitor visa on Sep17th online.

Got response to send passport on Oct 10th.

Passport reached Canadian embassy on Oct 15th.

I have included express return envelope while sending my Passport, no update on return envolope till now.

Does anyone received passport from NY Canada consulate recently? how many days its taking to get passport back.

I have H1b stamping scheduled in Canada  NOV 1st week.

1. Will I get passport with stamping if i go to Canadian embassy in new York inperson?

2. Or is there a way to expedite the process?

Please Update me if any one got passport from NY consulate recently and how many days they are taking to send passport back.

Thanks

I sent my passport and it reached Canadian embassy in NY on Oct 30. It is in mail today. So on average it is taking 2-3 weeks for a turnaround.

You might be cutting realy close, I would wait 1 more week and postpone interview.

I am in the same boat too. No idea what is happening there

Applied on Sep 17th, request for passport on 4th Oct, sent the passport by 5th Oct and so far not a word from the consulate about the passport. 

Tried contacting them on email and they responded back saying they are going through a 2 - 4 week delay.

Do let me know if you get know something @Gr422.

I am also in the same boat...I applied on Oct 10 and I want to go to Canada in 3rd or 4th week of November...

If it takes this much time, I don't know if I will be able to go according to my plans...

I am even thinking of changing the whole thing to India as I have travel plans in december....

HI,

I applied for canada visa online on 17th september.

Got the Passport request on 2rd October,

Passport reached NY Conuslate on 4th October.

But still waiting for the passport to arrive. I have Placed a one day shipping label for my return too.

I think its taking more than 3 weeks.

I planned on going to toronto this week, but couldnt since i am still waiting on the passport.

Thanks

Hi Gr422,

It will taken around 30+ days to get passport in hand. In my case, I dropped my documents personally at Canada Embassy in Los Angeles on Sept 07 2013 and got my passport on Oct 09 2013.

There is no way to expedite process in your case and also no in person passport returns. You need to wait and I hope you will egt your passport by Nov 1st week.

Send an email inquiring about the status of your passport along with your name, DOB, Visa application number and passport number to

re-CNGNY.IM-CommonServ@international.gc.ca,
 newyork-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca

This will expedite the process. I applied for Canadian visa during the end of august. I got my approval almost immediately but, it took me two weeks to get my passport back from NY Consulate. I sent an email to the above mentioned id and looks like they had taken care of it then. It is worth a try.

Good luck!

HI,

I applied for canada visa online on 17th september.

Got the Passport request on 2rd October,

Passport reached NY Conuslate on 4th October.

But still waiting for the passport to arrive. I have Placed a one day shipping label for my return too.

I think its taking more than 3 weeks.

I planned on going to toronto this week, but couldnt since i am still waiting on the passport.

Thanks

dude,

you should receive your passport by friday or monday.

mine reached consulate on oct 30, and i received it yesterday. it took exactly 3 weeks.

I guess with the current applications, the time line is around 2 - 3 weeks for turnaround.

dude,

you should receive your passport by friday or monday.

mine reached consulate on oct 30, and i received it yesterday. it took exactly 3 weeks.

I guess with the current applications, the time line is around 2 - 3 weeks for turnaround.

@areddy1234   :  Did u put a 2 day shipping or one day shipping??

Thanks,  Sri2102

Guys,

I got my passport from NY Canadian consulate today.

I think sending email to expedite the process is working. (I didn't get any response for my email but received PassPort just with in 3days after my request ).

Applied online on  (NY)          Sep17th

Got a response  to send PP   Oct 11th

PP received Embassy             Oct 15th

Request to expedite  process  Oct 22nd

PP received                             Oct 24th

Thanks,  Sri2102

Guys,

I got my passport from NY Canadian consulate today.

I think sending email to expedite the process is working. (I didn't get any response for my email but received PassPort just with in 3days after my request ).

Applied online on  (NY)          Sep17th

Got a response  to send PP   Oct 11th

PP received Embassy             Oct 15th

Request to expedite  process  Oct 22nd

PP received                             Oct 24th

Good to know. All the best for your interview.

Hi,

I applied for Canada Visitor visa online on 9/30/2013.

Passport Requested on 10/18/2013

Sent Passport on 10/18/2013

LA Canadian Consulate Received Passport on  10/21/2013

Received Passport for Canada Visa on 10/24/2013.

Friends I am seeing some delays in NY Consulate. I find LA Consulate very quick so I would suggest sending passport to LA rather than NY.

Thanks.

Hi Guys

Below are the dates for my application to NY consulate. 

Online Visa Submission   Sep-25-2013 08:33:51 PM EDT Original Passport Request   Oct-11-2013 03:56:52 PM EDT (After 15 days of submission) Passport Reached NY consulate   Oct-17-2013 12 PM EDT Email sent for enquiry   Oct-24-2013 (It's worth to send an enquiry/expedition email to above 2 emails) Passport shipped back from NY   Oct-25-2013 (currently In-transit)  Passport received   Oct-26-2013 (After 9 days of sending passport) Appointment Booked in Calgary   Oct-31-2013 8:30 AM 

It didn't took much time for my application. Just follow the process and complete next steps as quick as possible and Speak Positive. 

Thank You all the folks who shared the useful information in this portal,

Cheers,

Hardeep

My email to them and they did reply to me mentioning that they have sent the passport on this date with same envelope.

Hello Team

I have submitted my Passport in response to XX consulate's email dated Oct 11, 2013 on my application for temporary residence in Canada(details are below). I have a H1B visa interview scheduled in XXX next week and I have not received my passport yet from your office.

I request you to please let me know the current status of my passport and please expedite the process to help me attend the interview on time. I appreciate your earliest response. Thank You!

Below are my details:
Name
DOB: 
Application No.   (It is must)
UCI
Passport
Mailing Address
Mobile

Archived