H4 Working/NonWorking

karlakhy

Hi all,

I am in the process of the preparing the H1B/H4 documents.My wife is currently working in a software firm.Is it advisable to file her H4 claiming that she is not working and is a house wife?

The reason for this is that she will be applying for an LOA and possibly quit her job and take a break for 6 months.Later we are planning to apply for her H1B to gain a working status in the US.

Currently to get a NOC from her software firm is also a time taking process.All these reasons are making me to apply for non-working status for her?Please share your feedback and inputs about the implications of this

Regards

K

Hi all,

I am in the process of the preparing the H1B/H4 documents.My wife is currently working in a software firm.Is it advisable to file her H4 claiming that she is not working and is a house wife?

The reason for this is that she will be applying for an LOA and possibly quit her job and take a break for 6 months.Later we are planning to apply for her H1B to gain a working status in the US.

Currently to get a NOC from her software firm is also a time taking process.All these reasons are making me to apply for non-working status for her?Please share your feedback and inputs about the implications of this

Regards
K

If she is working then mention that she is working. Do not lie. Why do you need a NOC?

Hi all,

Regards
K

If she is currently on H1 then she is working. Once she quits the job then she will be on H4 not before quitting the job.

Thanks all for your replies.

She does not hold any VISA as of now.I was asking few of my friends and they said that NOC maybe required from my wife's employer for a LOA (leave of absence) in order to support the fact that she does not intend to work while she is in the US alongwith me.This adds a benefit to get my H1B VISA approved.

Potraying her as a housewife will be additionally helpful as it is taken for granted that she cannot work in the US.Informing the USICS that she is working in India might raise more questions of her chance of working in the US.That is the reason as to why I wanted to fill her DS160 as a housewife.However I am equally worried in case I wanted to file a H1B for her next year, will it cause any problems?

Regards

K

Thanks all for your replies.

She does not hold any VISA as of now.I was asking few of my friends and they said that NOC maybe required from my wife's employer for a LOA (leave of absence) in order to support the fact that she does not intend to work while she is in the US alongwith me.This adds a benefit to get my H1B VISA approved.

Potraying her as a housewife will be additionally helpful as it is taken for granted that she cannot work in the US.Informing the USICS that she is working in India might raise more questions of her chance of working in the US.That is the reason as to why I wanted to fill her DS160 as a housewife.However I am equally worried in case I wanted to file a H1B for her next year, will it cause any problems?

Regards

K

As she is not planning to return to India to work it is better to quit her current job. Your H1B visa approval is not based whether your spouse is working or not. Also, you are not the only H1B visa applicant who has a spouse who is currently working in India. There are plenty of them like you. Fill her DS160 truthfully and do not lie at all. You never know when this lie would come back to bite you.

Archived