H1B filing after Labor Certification

sai19788

I have completed 5  years with L1B Visa and currently i have H1B until 11/28/2013.

My company has applied for a Labor Certification with federal Department of Labor (DOL) through the online PERM program on 7/15/2013.

Can my company apply for New H1 B / extending current H1B once my Labor Certification gets approved within 3-4 weeks from now ?

I have completed 5  years with L1B Visa and currently i have H1B until 11/28/2013.

My company has applied for a Labor Certification with federal Department of Labor (DOL) through the online PERM program on 7/15/2013.

Can my company apply for New H1 B / extending current H1B once my Labor Certification gets approved within 3-4 weeks from now ?

Yes, you will get 1 year from H1B.

As mentioned by pomtevecchio, approved Perms needs to be alteast 365 days old or Perm +I-140 approved to get 7th year extension. If you are outside of US for XX number of months you can claim that to extend your H1, in mean time if your Perm get approved apply for 140 in premium. once you have I-140 approve you can get 3years extension.

Archived