Am i eligible to apply for this position and GC as well ???

sang521

I am working for a product based company ( Direct client no middle layers) from the past three years. My current role in this company is "Software Developer". 

There is a new opening in my company for a "Solution Architect", minimum requirements for this position as posted is Masters degree + atleast 4  years of work experience. For this position my company is willing to sponsor H1 and green card. 

My manager asked me to apply for this internal position "Solution Architect"

I have a masters degree + 1 year of prior work experience before coming to current company + 3 years of experience with current company.

Question:

Can i apply for this position ? If so am i eligible to apply for the GC in EB2 ? I heard that my experience with current company does not count. But in my case it is a completely different role ( Solution Architect)  its not the same role ( Software Developer )

If so am i eligible to apply for the GC in EB2 ? I heard that my experience with current company does not count. But in my case it is a completely different role ( Solution Architect)  its not the same role ( Software Developer )

Assuming you qualify in terms of education and experience to match requirements of Solution Architect position, yes, you should be able to file in EB2 demonstrating your progression within the company. It may be ideal to begin the GC processing after you start working in the position of Solution Architect. I have seen an EB2 porting case recently (Bachelors+5 yrs progressive experience) which has been successful so far up to I 140 approval, and waiting for PD to be current.

Review your case with a good immigration attorney such as murthy, and you should have success. Good luck!

Can i apply for this position ? If so am i eligible to apply for the GC in EB2 ? I heard that my experience with current company does not count. But in my case it is a completely different role ( Solution Architect)  its not the same role ( Software Developer )

I think you are right. It's better to take some advice from the attorney.

Archived