H4 visa interview questions

ArjunReddy9

Hi All,

I have few questions regarding H4 visa interview for my wife. We have scheduled it in Hyderabad.

1). Do we have to submit the documents (her passport, marriage certificate etc...) before the interviews?

2). Will the VO keep her passport after the finger prints scan?

3). God forbid, In case she gets a 221g, will the VO keep her passport till additional information is provided? Or can we still request for the passport since we have plans to go out of country?

We will be travelling to a different country during the same time and knowing answers to the above questions will help us.

Thanks

Hi All,

I have few questions regarding H4 visa interview for my wife. We have scheduled it in Hyderabad.

1). Do we have to submit the documents (her passport, marriage certificate etc...) before the interviews?

2). Will the VO keep her passport after the finger prints scan?

3). God forbid, In case she gets a 221g, will the VO keep her passport till additional information is provided?

We will be travelling to a different country during the same time and knowing answers to the above questions will help us.

Thanks

1. No

2. If her visa is to be stamped then yes. Fingerprinting and photos are taken at least a day before interview in another location and not at consulate. You need to have appointments for fingerprinting and visa interview separately.

3. Sometimes yes otherwise they would give it back. If you need for travel you could request VO to return it back.

1. No

2. If her visa is to be stamped then yes. Fingerprinting and photos are taken at least a day before interview in another location and not at consulate. You need to have appointments for fingerprinting and visa interview separately.

3. Sometimes yes otherwise they would give it back. If you need for travel you could request VO to return it back.

Thanks for the quick response.

Regarding number 2, yes, I have booked separate interviews for finger prints and the visa. I believe OFC is the finger prints one correct?

So basically her passport will be kept by the VO from the time she gives her finger prints? That sounds a little odd. What if people wanted to travel between the finger prints and the actual visa interview?

Maybe I got this wrong. Please clarify.

Thanks

Thanks for the quick response.

Regarding number 2, yes, I have booked separate interviews for finger prints and the visa. I believe OFC is the finger prints one correct?

So basically her passport will be kept by the VO from the time she gives her finger prints? That sounds a little odd. What if people wanted to travel between the finger prints and the actual visa interview?

Maybe I got this wrong. Please clarify.

Thanks

Yes, OFC is for fingerprinting.

You have mistaken. Her passport will be returned after fingerprinting. When she goes for interview there is a possibility that VO might retain or return the passport based on outcome of interview.

Archived