B2 to F1

mrkhan123

i am a Pakistani Passport holder currently in the US on B2 visa. i got my visa last year and visited last year, i stayed for 2 and a half months visited 4 to 5 cities then i came back this year couple of weeks ago and now i want to enroll myself for the undergrad degree program in a college in California. i couldn't complete my education in Pakistan, i was doing my Bachelors in Computer Software engineering i complete all my courses but i failed 3 courses so now i want to get my credits transferred and get my degree completed. so what you think should i do now ? should i get I-20 from the college and file transfer of status. or should i go back and apply ? 
Note: when i entered US this time, the immigration officers gave me a real hard time they took 7 hours to clear me and i told them i would stay for 25 to 30 days and go back but they still give me 6 months I94 and i did not mention anything about continuing my education . my I-94 expires in march 2014 and i have not applied in any school yet.

i am a Pakistani Passport holder currently in the US on B2 visa. i got my visa last year and visited last year, i stayed for 2 and a half months visited 4 to 5 cities then i came back this year couple of weeks ago and now i want to enroll myself for the undergrad degree program in a college in California. i couldn't complete my education in Pakistan, i was doing my Bachelors in Computer Software engineering i complete all my courses but i failed 3 courses so now i want to get my credits transferred and get my degree completed. so what you think should i do now ? should i get I-20 from the college and file transfer of status. or should i go back and apply ? 

Note: when i entered US this time, the immigration officers gave me a real hard time they took 7 hours to clear me and i told them i would stay for 25 to 30 days and go back but they still give me 6 months I94 and i did not mention anything about continuing my education . my I-94 expires in march 2014 and i have not applied in any school yet.

You need GRE and TOEFL to enroll in an US university. Also, you cannot transfer credit from Pakistan to US. Your only option is to leave US and go back to your country before expiry of I94.

Your best bet is to go back and apply for admission to the college(s) of your choice as an international student through the regular process.  This will require a TOEFL exam, but not the GRE, which is for graduate studies.  When you are offered and accept admission and submit the necessary documentation, the collage will provide you with the required I-20 and you can apply for a F-1 visa.  Then with the I-20 and approved F-1 visa you can come to the U.S. 30 days prior to the start of classes.  Each college has its own rules for transfer of course credits, with no guarantee that your prior education will transfer to a U.S. college.

Your best bet is to go back and apply for admission to the college(s) of your choice as an international student through the regular process.  This will require a TOEFL exam, but not the GRE, which is for graduate studies.  When you are offered and accept admission and submit the necessary documentation, the collage will provide you with the required I-20 and you can apply for a F-1 visa.  Then with the I-20 and approved F-1 visa you can come to the U.S. 30 days prior to the start of classes.  Each college has its own rules for transfer of course credits, with no guarantee that your prior education will transfer to a U.S. college.

Sorry. Catx is right. You do not need GRE

First you need GRE and TOEFL for admission into ANY university in US.

My suggestion is : Complete your bachelor's in Pakistan and apply for  master's program in US.

• 4 months later...

Archived