###### Help Needed ######## H1B PAYSTUBS #########

devankrishna

Hi All,

My employer is running my bi-weekly pay higher than what is mentioned on the LCA but not less than what is mentioned on the LCA (On LCA my wage is determined as annual and is mentioned as 65k ). Now the problem is I see some differences in the total gross salary that is run every month. According to LCA my employer should run 5.4k every month spliting 2.7k into two bi-weekly pay checks, but they have run my pay inconsistently (for example lets assume they ran my pay 90k,82k,70k,76k,80k and so....on per month). Although the montly pay is higher than what is mentioned on he LCA but now how can I justify this to the Visa Officer if he asks me why is the difference and inconsistent in your pay for every month ?

I am planning for a VISA appointment and I am curently on my H1B.

Can anybody share your ideas ? you help is really appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Devan

you cannot explain when you dont know the reason. Ask your employer whats his reason for changing gross pay? If nothing is changing (billing rate/hrs) then logically it should not change. And how you are certain it will always be above LCA. 

So best approach is approach your employer, accounting team and ask this question. Then you can use same explanation during interview.

As long as the Pay is more than LCA it should not be a problem..

You might saw that...during a particular month as i have performed very well and contributed lot of innovative idea's to my Client...basing on my performance my employer has given me his token of appreciation(Hike/Bonus).

Hi,

I don't see any problem here since your final per annum is greater than or equal to your LCA. Mine was the same case and I went fro stamping to vancouver in July 2013 and it was smooth VO asked my salary and I told her then she asked for LCA and gave her. She asked me why my salary is so low, since I work in NY VO was debating if the minimum wage meets my LCA or not then I told VO that my employer pay me expense Reimbursement and I have given her the paystub and in the paystub it is mentioned there as expense reimbursement and then she is ok.

Thanks...

@rohang - Thanks for the advice but in my case unfortunately my employer will be of no help, I have mentioned many time's in the past to my employer and accounting team to run my paystubs consistently because I was planning to my VISA interview but it was off no use. Consulting world with employers thats how it works..... But anyways i am trying to pull some ideas to justify my situation...thank you.

@Scboy - That sounds like  a good idea will make a note of it. Thanks.

@VinayH1B - That is what it concerns me, well i am trying to get as many ideas as i can to deal with this situation. Thanks brother.

@bhnchandar - That's a positive answer. Thank you verymuch for sharing. In your case its in the paystub mentioned as "expense reimbursement" which absolutely makes sense. But In my case, my pay stubs says "Miscellaneous" i think i have to justify the "Miscellaneous" expenditure for various reasons. Will that help ?

Hi,

I don't see any problem here since your final per annum is greater than or equal to your LCA. Mine was the same case and I went fro stamping to vancouver in July 2013 and it was smooth VO asked my salary and I told her then she asked for LCA and gave her. She asked me why my salary is so low, since I work in NY VO was debating if the minimum wage meets my LCA or not then I told VO that my employer pay me expense Reimbursement and I have given her the paystub and in the paystub it is mentioned there as expense reimbursement and then she is ok.

Thanks...

Hi chandar,

DID VO ask why your pay is so low in lca and high in paystub, was there a question about difference?, in my case there is huge difference, but i do not have anything like reimbursment or bonus, will that be fine, I have visa stamping oct 29th. PLEASE suggest.

Thanks in advance

Archived