Query Regarding F1 to H1

us2020

I completed my masters in December 2011 and from Feb 2012 onward I was working with one of the employers on 1099 and I paid the taxes for 2012. In January 2013 I found a new employer and working as full time employee and they filled my H1 and got approval with start date of 1st of October 2013. I wanted to go for H1-B stamping in Canada next month and I do not have any W2 as I will get my first W2 by January 2014.

Will this be an issue for stamping as I do not have any W2 from the previous employer ? Appreciate your suggestion on this.

If you have worked on 1099 the whole of 2012, You should have been given a form 1099-MISC by your pervious employer and I hope you have paid taxes based on income shown on it.

So carry that document(1099-MISC), which is equivalent as W2, as no employer will give a W2 if you areworking on 1099.

But, wait for the experts as well give their advice on this.

If you have worked on 1099 the whole of 2012, You should have been given a form 1099-MISC by your pervious employer and I hope you have paid taxes based on income shown on it.

So carry that document(1099-MISC), which is equivalent as W2, as no employer will give a W2 if you areworking on 1099.

But, wait for the experts as well give their advice on this.

Yes. I paid the taxes as per 1099-MISC form given by the previous employer.. Pls advise.

Archived