Two I-94 one on L1B and other on H1-B? Older one gets null and void?

ravbh

Hi,

I am working with my L1-B employer on  expired L1-B visa but  and but on valid I-94 which is valid till June 2013.

Recently my H1B has been approved with Change of status and I have got new I-94 in my I-129 starting from Oct-3 2013.

Is it ok if I continue to work with my L1-B employer till December and join my H1B employer in January 2014, even though H1B has been approved with Change of status starting Oct-3 2013? Or my prevois I-94 received agains L1-B visa automatically becomes null and void after getting new I-94 when H1-B approved with change of status?

Please advice.

Thanks,

Rav

Hi,

I am working with my L1-B employer on  expired L1-B visa but  and but on valid I-94 which is valid till June 2013.

Recently my H1B has been approved with Change of status and I have got new I-94 in my I-129 starting from Oct-3 2013.

Is it ok if I continue to work with my L1-B employer till December and join my H1B employer in January 2014, even though H1B has been approved with Change of status starting Oct-3 2013? Or my prevois I-94 received agains L1-B visa automatically becomes null and void after getting new I-94 when H1-B approved with change of status?

Please advice.

Thanks,

Rav

Your I94 for L1B is valid till June 2013 or 2014?

You need to be working for your H1B employer from Oct 3rd 2013. If not you are out of status. If you would like to continue working for L1B employer you need to exit and enter US with a valid L1B visa and approval notice and obtain new L1B I94. 

Sorry for the confusion.  My L1-B I-94 is  valid till June 2014 (2013 was typo error).

Thanks for the reply. If I work for 1-2 months with L1-B employer, will that cause any problem during my H1-B Visa stamping or Green Card processing?

Thanks,

Shilpa

Archived