Visa interview on 10th Oct - Status back to AP

mygcpcs1

Hi,

I had my visa interview on 10th Oct at Vancouver, it went fine, questions were: how long you been working, what do you do, pay stubs one year, LCA, and w2s for 2012, 2011. Finally said your visa is approved it may take 3 5 business days.

came back to motel, on next business which is 11th status was Administrative Process and then on 15th (14th was holiday here in canada for thanks giving) morning status changed to Ready but on same day afternoon it moved back to Administrative process. One of my motel mate had interview on 11th he got Loomis waybill number today, and i know couple of guys from this forum who attended interview on 10th got their status to issued.

My questions to this forum members

1. Any one had such status reversed

2. Why is mine being delayed ? as i said people who attended interview after me got their status as issued

3. Should i expect AP (221G), after visa officer telling my visa is approved (and he did not say anything else, he just said visa is approved it may take 3 to 5 business days

My case is very clear:

First visa stamped in 07 and expired in 10, no visa stamped after that

No out of status days

No RFEs when H1b was filed

This is my 7th year renewal stamping

no change of employer right from OPT i was with same guy

I 140 approved

VO did not ask for client letter 

Pays are very consistant

Please share your thoughts

Thank you.

Hey Mygcpsc1,

Me and my friend are in same situation both of our status is "Ready" lasted updated on 8th Oct. Interview was on 7th Oct both of us.

Brief of our case: Few minutes of normal H1b related questions in interview. Both of us with same VO, She told we got approved. But we are in kingston jamaica. 

Hope to see any change in the visa status. Give me your email, So that we can be in contact for updates.

ravipro, Thank you for reply, You are right, after 24 hours it just now changed to issued, no waybill number yet. Hope it wouldn't go back to Administrative Process again.

Hi mygcpcs1,

did you see any VO asking why your pay in paystubs is so much higher than that in lca?

do VO ask, what is your salary? or do they just ask, is your employer paying good?

my pay in paystub is double the pay in lca, is that a problem?

please advise. Thanks in advance

Hector,

1. No i did not see any VO aking 'why your pay is more than lca'. But, as far as your payment is more than the LCA you should be fine.

2. VO did not ask me what is your salary, i guess its because my salary was stated on my employer letter

3. I am not sure if its a problem, my personal opinion: NO, it should not be a problem.

@F12H1Bemployee: Nothing is different in our case. Few minutes of interview and asked to pick on wednesday 9th Oct(2nd after interview) and at pickup they told passport is not ready and they need to verify information but donno how long that takes. They asked us to pick passport if we need them(No stamping). Once process is completed and passport is ready, they told: we will be contacted by them.

Till today no update in status still it "Ready" last updated on 8th Oct.

@Shady: Can you please share me your case, Is it same as mine?

Update in our case: Till date no progress in my case but yesterday there is a verification call to my friends office. This gave a hope that there is something happening. No other choice have to wait and see.

Hector,

1. No i did not see any VO aking 'why your pay is more than lca'. But, as far as your payment is more than the LCA you should be fine.

2. VO did not ask me what is your salary, i guess its because my salary was stated on my employer letter

3. I am not sure if its a problem, my personal opinion: NO, it should not be a problem.

Thank you so much for the replies. It is very much appreciated. I hope everything goes well.

• 2 weeks later...

@F12H1Bemployee: Nothing is different in our case. Few minutes of interview and asked to pick on wednesday 9th Oct(2nd after interview) and at pickup they told passport is not ready and they need to verify information but donno how long that takes. They asked us to pick passport if we need them(No stamping). Once process is completed and passport is ready, they told: we will be contacted by them.

Till today no update in status still it "Ready" last updated on 8th Oct.

@Shady: Can you please share me your case, Is it same as mine?

Update in our case: Till date no progress in my case but yesterday there is a verification call to my friends office. This gave a hope that there is something happening. No other choice have to wait and see.

Hi aponnay did you go to jamaica embassy??? if so could you tell me did thy gave you any 221g slip? 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived