Going to india due to Illness-Can I come back to US later?(Have a valid H1B)

newtogc

Hello All

I'm heading back to India(after quitting the current job), probably in 1-2 months, to treat my illness and I'm expecting to be fine in about 6 months. My current H1B (first)expires in Aug 2014. I would like to return to US for work once I get well.

1.How easy is it to find an US employer(preferrably reputed - so I wont have issues during visa stamping)  that would hire me directly from India?

2.How will my case differ if I want to return before Aug 2014 or after Aug 2014?

My current employer is not willing to accomodate my request for a 6 month long sick leave.

Thanks

newtogc

Hello All

I'm heading back to India(after quitting the current job), probably in 1-2 months, to treat my illness and I'm expecting to be fine in about 6 months. My current H1B (first)expires in Aug 2014. I would like to return to US for work once I get well.

1.How easy is it to find an US employer(preferrably reputed - so I wont have issues during visa stamping)  that would hire me directly from India?

2.How will my case differ if I want to return before Aug 2014 or after Aug 2014?

My current employer is not willing to accomodate my request for a 6 month long sick leave.

Thanks

newtogc

1.  Depends and no one can predict

2.  Before Aug 2014 you need not apply for a visa. After Aug 2014 you need to apply for a visa.

Archived