ACA: Coverage Implications for Immigrants

maverick41

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Simple, congress is getting more money in the form of new taxes.

Didn't you start the conversation by saying that the industry was happy with ACA? So now are you saying industry opposed because they felt sorry for the citizens who are getting taxed? Arguing for the sake of an argument doesn't make sense my friend :)

So here are the two important tax implications of the ACA:

• A Tax Credit to help you pay your insurance premiums, if you qualify

• Tax penalties if you do not have health insurance (one may qualify for exemptions)

Didn't you start the conversation by saying that the industry was happy with ACA? So now are you saying industry opposed because they felt sorry for the citizens who are getting taxed? Arguing for the sake of an argument doesn't make sense my friend :)

I said industry will make more money. And if you want to know how, just simply make flow chart diagram of this process and see how the money is moving.

So here are the two important tax implications of the ACA:

• A Tax Credit to help you pay your insurance premiums, if you qualify

• Tax penalties if you do not have health insurance (one may qualify for exemptions)

So from where that 'Tax Credit' money is coming from?? And why are you forcing them to BUY this insurance??

You forget that there is a lot of lobbying.

And a large part of Congress is more about lowering taxes.

It's just like immigration reforms, everyone in congress says they will support providing legal status for undocumented residents. But in reality no one want's that to happen.

Same with the taxes, they say they will but hard reality is that without tax hike govt can't get more money. And yet they still introduced new taxes under this health care reform.

Ironically, none of you have signed up for ACA. So stop the guessing game. Till now more people have been dropped by their insurance companies than new people who signed up for ACA. Let's stick to numbers.

Anyone has to say anything about the 400,000 Floridians who just lost their health insurance because of ACA.

There is no point in continuing to argue especially since most of us on this forum are on company supported health insurance plans.

We are all going to stick to our respective corners on why we think ACA is good or bad and then there are those on the fence waiting to see what happens. In any case the ACA is now law and the hope is that it will help alleviate the inefficiencies plaguing the health care industry.

The great nation of the United States also has a moral obligation to provide easy and affordable access to health care for all its citizens. These are just my thoughts but I believe the Affordable Care Act will help fix the current problems faced by the 46th ranked health care system in the world.

Its been a pleasure debating this topic but lets get back in 5 years and do a performance evaluation of the ACA :)

The great nation of the United States also has a moral obligation to provide easy and affordable access to health care for all its citizens. These are just my thoughts but I believe the Affordable Care Act will help fix the current problems faced by the 46th ranked health care system in the world.

It should do good since they are paying more taxes now. More benefits with more money.

• 3 months later...

Visitors, Green Card holders, US citizens, undocumented migrants, Americans traveling abroad and others all have different healthcare insurance requirements and all have different access to Obamacare health insurance and also Medicaid. If you want more information have a look at this site http://www.*************.com - it gives more detail on the availability of coverage through the Health Insurance Exchange marketplace.

Archived