H1B Stamping in India- Concerns

Sana21

Hi,

I wanted an expert advice on my case.

• I have a Masters degree from the US,graduated 2011.
  • Started working with a consultancy in 2011 for a client B on F1.
  • In Oct 2012 consultancy got my H1 approved while I still worked for the same company B.
  • In June 2013, Company B offered me  full time position and since then I'm working as a full time employee with company B.

I'm planning to visit India sometime soon and wanted to see if there is any chance my visa stamping might have issues since I was working with a consultancy previously. Just to give some background , company B is a very well known US employer and I have all the necessary documents.

I'm concerned about stamping due to the following reasons:

• In 2010 I had visited India for F1 renewal and I got a 221g whicj got cleared in 15 days (I was a RA in Biophysics lab at that time.) Since I got a 221g does that increase my risk of getting the same when I go for stamping even though I don't work in Bio related area now.
  • I had received an RFE during my H1 transfer from consultancy to my current employer where I work as a FTE. The RFE required Foreign degree evaluation of my Bachelor's degree. We submitted all the documents and m H1 was approved. Does this affect my stamping?

Is the H1B application re-adjudicated during stamping?

Thanks for your time.

-Sana

Hi,

• In Oct 2012 consultancy got my H1 approved while I still worked for the same company B.
  • In June 2013, Company B offered me  full time position and since then I'm working as a full time employee with company B.

I'm planning to visit India sometime soon and wanted to see if there is any chance my visa stamping might have issues since I was working with a consultancy previously. Just to give some background , company B is a very well known US employer and I have all the necessary documents.

• In 2010 I had visited India for F1 renewal and I got a 221g whicj got cleared in 15 days (I was a RA in Biophysics lab at that time.) Since I got a 221g does that increase my risk of getting the same when I go for stamping even though I don't work in Bio related area now.
  • I had received an RFE during my H1 transfer from consultancy to my current employer where I work as a FTE. The RFE required Foreign degree evaluation of my Bachelor's degree. We submitted all the documents and m H1 was approved. Does this affect my stamping?

Thanks for your time.

-Sana

As long as you have all required documents for stamping you should be fine.

Hi,

Thanks for your time.

-Sana

Worst case scenario is that they might ask you about education background and its co-relation to the work you do now. You'll probably have to justify that. I don't think they would see your previous renewal on F1 and its 221g for the current interview(even though they would have access to all of that information) 

The only hiccup I see is your current work at the company and if its related in anyway to your Masters/Bachelors. You should be able to justify that you are a good fit for your current job description at your work place.

All the best!!

Archived