I-140 Details

boy_us_26

Hi, I have an approved I-140 from my current employer. When I asked for I-140 details, They won't provide me those as per the company policy. So, If i switch my job I may lose my priority date. Is there anyway to get I-140 copy from USCIS? ANy help is greatly appreciated !

Thanks!

Ask them to provide an scanned copy for your records. that should suffice even if you switch jobs.

Check with the company attorney, he/she may give. Don't copy your employer on that request.

Also, if you have done H1 extension past 6 years based on approved I 140, check the documentation if you have any - it may have a copy of your I 140. Or, if you have gone visa stamping H1 extension past 6 years and you received an attorney packet to support your stamping, it may have a copy.

The only other way I believe is Freedom of Information Act (FOIA). Just search on internet. 

In filing a FOIA request for details about the I-140 petition, it is important to be mindful that one is unlikely to get a copy of the I-140 approval notice. One can request other documents but an I-824 filed by the petitioner is usually required for a copy of the I-140 approval notice.

Also it is important to note that under the law if an I-140 is revoked by the employer's withdrawal, the transfer of the priority date to another I-140 is somewhat discretionary since the ability to transfer it post-any revocation derives from agency guidance.

Archived