Out of status concerns

butlerain

My current employer filed an H1b transfer when I was working with my previous employer. Then I joined my current employer upon receiving the H1b transfer receipt. Now the H1b transfer is still under review. If I quit from my current employer before the H1b transfer is approved, will the time period between that date I joined my current employer to the date I'm going to quit be considered as out of status for me?

Thank you in advance!

My current employer filed an H1b transfer when I was working with my previous employer. Then I joined my current employer upon receiving the H1b transfer receipt. Now the H1b transfer is still under review. If I quit from my current employer before the H1b transfer is approved, will the time period between that date I joined my current employer to the date I'm going to quit be considered as out of status for me?

Thank you in advance!

whats the plan after quitting?

Do not juggle between employers, have an approved H1B at your end first.

As far as out of status goes, please understand H1B under review is not out of status.

But again your new employer will file a petition? or your old H1B is valid. I the employer has not revoked it,then you are safe.

Please be safe than be sorry.

Archived