client changed after h1b approved and before h1b start date.Wanna take full time offer with current client

rita1

Hi,

My h1b got approved this year on april 2013  from employer A1 and client B1. My H1b start date oct 1st 2013 and was working on OPT till oct 1st.

From May , I was working with employer A1 and client B2 as my project is terminated with client A1. Now I got full time offer from client B2.

Can I transfer my H1B directly to client B2 from employer A1. Or is it required to file ammendment to new client B2 and then do the h1 transfer to client B2.

Do I need to stay with employer A1  atleast till two paychecks from H1b start date?

Kindly suggest.

Hi,

My h1b got approved this year on april 2013  from employer A1 and client B1. My H1b start date oct 1st 2013 and was working on OPT till oct 1st.

From May , I was working with employer A1 and client B2 as my project is terminated with client A1. Now I got full time offer from client B2.

Can I transfer my H1B directly to client B2 from employer A1. Or is it required to file ammendment to new client B2 and then do the h1 transfer to client B2.

Do I need to stay with employer A1  atleast till two paychecks from H1b start date?

Kindly suggest.

You can transfer to client B2. Two paychecks timing not necessary.

Since there is a shutdown client B2 cannot get approved LCA now. In this case you will have to wait and so you will have at least one or two pay stubs generated by that time.

The one issue you might have is since you have changed your client from B1 to B2 you need to have amended it before you began work for new client B2. I am not sure about this.

From the above response I understand that I need to make ammendment before I start working for client B2.  But ammendment  process is similar to filing new H1b right. 

Now I have 2 layers between client and employer. How safe is to make ammendment .

Talk to your employer's attorney. Wait for other members response.

Archived