H1B MTR Processing time and chances of getting Visa? OPT EXT Expires

helpmeoutplz

Hello,

- I filed H1B this year April 2013 (Master Quota) and I got query on May 2013 regarding employee employer relationship since I don't have client letter. My employer submitted supportive documents and then USCIS denied my H1B on June 2013. My employer applied for MTR (Motion to reconsider) on July 26th 2013 and I got new WAC #

I found from USCIS that MTR time will be 90 days

Q.  When should I expect to receive a decision on a motion?

A.  Although some cases may take longer, USCIS tries to adjudicate motions within 90 days.  If you do not receive a decision on your motion within that time, you may contact the National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283 and ask for a “service request.” (http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=343df95c93228210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD&vgnextchannel=db029c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD )

- What chances of getting VISA? can anyone help me out in this situation.

My OPT Ext is expiring on Nov 15th 2013. 

Q1- Can I stay in US after my OPT Ext expires?

Q2- If I go to INDIA after Nov 15th 2013, can I return US with H1B MTR still in processing?

Q3- Can I work in US after my OPT Ext expires and H1B MTR still in processing?

Q4- If I go to INDIA and return to US on H4 visa, then after some days if my H1B MTR approves can I work in US or do I need to apply any change of status again?

Please help me out.

Thanks Much!

Hello,

- I filed H1B this year April 2013 (Master Quota) and I got query on May 2013 regarding employee employer relationship since I don't have client letter. My employer submitted supportive documents and then USCIS denied my H1B on June 2013. My employer applied for MTR (Motion to reconsider) on July 26th 2013 and I got new WAC #

I found from USCIS that MTR time will be 90 days

Q.  When should I expect to receive a decision on a motion?

A.  Although some cases may take longer, USCIS tries to adjudicate motions within 90 days.  If you do not receive a decision on your motion within that time, you may contact the National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283 and ask for a “service request.” (http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=343df95c93228210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD&vgnextchannel=db029c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD )

- What chances of getting VISA? can anyone help me out in this situation.

Q2- If I go to INDIA after Nov 15th 2013, can I return US with H1B MTR still in processing?

Q4- If I go to INDIA and return to US on H4 visa, then after some days if my H1B MTR approves can I work in US or do I need to apply any change of status again?

Please help me out.

Thanks Much!

Reason for your H1B denial?

1. No

2. On what visa?

3. No

4. I do not know the answer.

1. I think you can stay in US, but cannot work

2. based on what status??

3.No

4.You need to file COS

BTW, how did your employer filed for MTR when he didn't had client letter to submit??

Q2- I mean to say, my OPT Ext expires on Nov 15th 2013, so if I go to IND on Nov 16th 2013, can I come back again to US with H1B MTR still in processing state?

That's what I am asking you, how are planning to enter??

You don't have any visa to enter in US.

My Employer filed MTR with some supportive documents working with middle Vendor. 

So you are not working for client??

That's what I am asking you, how are planning to enter??

You don't have any visa to enter in US.

So you are not working for client??

I'm working for Client only, but client will not provide any letters for visas. I submitted some supportive documents by attaching my desk pics, office main entrance.

I'm working for Client only, but client will not provide any letters for visas. I submitted some supportive documents by attaching my desk pics, office main entrance.

Tell me one-thing, did you paid for your H1 processing??

USCIS asked for client letter, so what supporting documents did your employer submitted??

Are you joking by saying "attaching desk pics, office main entrance"? These will not help your case. Get a mail from client stating that they would not provide a client letter as per company's policy or something to that effect.

Tell me one-thing, did you paid for your H1 processing??

USCIS asked for client letter, so what supporting documents did your employer submitted??

My employer paid H1B fee and also MTR fee ($630)

- Supporting documents such as, email conversation (Which says client will not provide client letter), New contract copy from Vendor - Employee  

Are you joking by saying "attaching desk pics, office main entrance"? These will not help your case. Get a mail from client stating that they would not provide a client letter as per company's policy or something to that effect.

I provided email conversation which says client will not provide client letter when I got 1st RFE. But again they denied.

No other option buddy, that's why attached dome pics. 

I provided email conversation which says client will not provide client letter when I got 1st RFE. But again they denied.

No other option buddy, that's why attached dome pics. 

Very strange. I read in this forum that many have obtained visa by submitting an email from client in lieu of client letter. Good luck. Hopefully things get cleared up for you soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks you Rahul.

Q2- I mean to say, my OPT Ext expires on Nov 15th 2013, so if I go to IND on Nov 16th 2013, can I come back again to US with H1B MTR still in processing state?

My Employer filed MTR with some supportive documents working with middle Vendor. 

You don't have to immediately go otu of USA unless thats what you want, you still have a 60 day grace period after an opt expires, so you could wait until that duration if you chose to. But you cannot work.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived