H1-B Visa Extension

cooldishu

I have H1-b visa getting expired on 12 May 2014. I can apply for its extension 6 months before its expiration date. I just want to know that if I apply for its extension at the end of November ,2013 and will get its receipt within few days. So , once I get the receipt  , shall I travel back to India ? Do I need to be in US till the time of its approval ? 

Regards

Manish Sinha

I have H1-b visa getting expired on 12 May 2014. I can apply for its extension 6 months before its expiration date. I just want to know that if I apply for its extension at the end of November ,2013 and will get its receipt within few days. So , once I get the receipt  , shall I travel back to India ? Do I need to be in US till the time of its approval ? 

Regards

Manish Sinha

Better to apply for extension after your return to US

Thanks .. but problem is that I will have to go back to India by end of 2013 and will have to stay there next 4-5 months and I do not want to spoil my H1-B visa so I thought that if I could apply for extension before and get the receipt , after that I could go back to India. In that way , even if I would be in India but I will get Visa-approval and will stamp it in India. 

Archived