H1B Receipt Number

arn0711

Hi,

I am currently in US on a H4 Visa and have applied for H1B visa this year 2013. Currently my visa status is in RFE because of client letter. My employer has promised to reply with the client letter before due date. I have the following questions regarding the same:

1. If my H1B gets rejected, can I apply again through a different employer using the same receipt number? Or do I need to wait for April next year?

2. In case my visa gets approved and due to some reason I am not able to work, can I change my status to H4 again?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I am currently in US on a H4 Visa and have applied for H1B visa this year 2013. Currently my visa status is in RFE because of client letter. My employer has promised to reply with the client letter before due date. I have the following questions regarding the same:

1. If my H1B gets rejected, can I apply again through a different employer using the same receipt number? Or do I need to wait for April next year?

2. In case my visa gets approved and due to some reason I am not able to work, can I change my status to H4 again?

Thanks in advance.

1. No, you cannot. You need to wait for next April.

2. Yes. You need to apply for COS from H1B to H4 using form I539

1. No, you have to wait till April

2.yes, at any time.

Archived