DL in Texas Suspended, but CA DL is available

Dear,

I had a Texas driving License issued on March 2011 and valid till July 2017. However, my Texas DL had a small note saying "TEMPORARY VISA STATUS EXPIRES ON FEB 2013" which was my end date of OPT. However, I left to India on May 2011 and was in India till Sep 2nd week 2013. Eventually, I applied CA DL and I have received the same too. I was trying to purchase a car insurance, and the agent pointed out that my Texas DL is suspended (I did not know that it was suspended until she pointed out). Has any one had the same problem before ? How do I know why it its suspended and how do I cancel such a suspension ?  Also, is my CA DL valid and am I eligible to drive in California ? 

Kindly help. 

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,

Srividya

The "TEMPORARY VISA STATUS EXPIRES ON FEB 2013" is just a notation that was put on Texas driver licenses for a year or so leading up to October 2012 when Texas started using the SAVE system and making driver license expiration date the same as your visa / i-94 card expiration date.  Your driver license suspension is a separate matter, and is not because of that notation.

Archived