H1B after 6 years-365 days outside US on US pay roll??

rogerb2

My H1b expires in feb 2012 and my company may not be able to get my labor or I-140 approved on time to extend my H1B. Company is trying to place me outside of US for 1 year and bring me back on fresh H1b. Here are my qn's

- During the 1 year outside of US team can I enter US on business or tourist visa? Will that reset my 365 day outside of US timeline?

- Can I apply for fresh H1B visa before the 365 days is completed so that paperwork is completed for reentry/start date on fresh H1B after 365 days?

- Can I still continue to be on US pay roll being located outside of US?

thanks in advance for the advise

You should ask your employer for an in person meeting with the attorney handling you case to go over all of your questions. There are other issues you are likely going to want to consider before agreeing to doing what you propose. In a case such as yours, a responsible employer would want you to be fully informed and to be aware of the timings of the services that need to be provided to you.

This is of special concern because you will need to go through the quota again in order to get a new H1B term.

• 1 month later...

- During the 1 year outside of US team can I enter US on business or tourist visa? Will that reset my 365 day outside of US timeline?

* No, you should be physically outside of US. Should not be in US on other visa even.

- Can I apply for fresh H1B visa before the 365 days is completed so that paperwork is completed for reentry/start date on fresh H1B after 365 days?

* You may want to ask your attorney.

- Can I still continue to be on US pay roll being located outside of US?

* No, its illegal/fraud. It may impact on your next H1B or GC.

• 1 month later...

* No, you should be physically outside of US. Should not be in US on other visa even.

This answer is wrong. I can be on business visa and duration of 365 days would get extended by the number of days I am in US on Business Visa...

I don't think SameerH1Bworker has correct information.....

Archived