H4 to F1 stamping in UK

srivatsavaye

Hi,

My wife has recently transferred from H4 (dependent on my H1) to F1 and she got it approved. I am in UK on work right now and thinking of bringing my wife over during her school holidays. Here are my questions:

1) Can she go to stamping in US consulate in London? Or does she have to go to India (home country) for stamping?

2) She is in 3rd semester now and she will have one semester left when she travels. What are the chances of her visa getting stamped with no problems?

3) What are the documents we need to provide?

I cannot find any information for this kind of case in any user forums as this is not normal case.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Hi,

My wife has recently transferred from H4 (dependent on my H1) to F1 and she got it approved. I am in UK on work right now and thinking of bringing my wife over during her school holidays. Here are my questions:

1) Can she go to stamping in US consulate in London? Or does she have to go to India (home country) for stamping?

2) She is in 3rd semester now and she will have one semester left when she travels. What are the chances of her visa getting stamped with no problems?

3) What are the documents we need to provide?

I cannot find any information for this kind of case in any user forums as this is not normal case.

Thanks in advance for any help.

I guess your wife is entering UK on a tourist visa. Is it allowed for a tourist to apply for a non-immigrant visa at US consulate in UK?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks for all your replies. I thought i would get notification when my post got replies, apparently i don't. Sorry about not replying earlier

From what i gathered from the replies, there is no confirmed answer. My wife just got the UK visitor visa. Is it recommended at all for her to travel outside US just before final semester?

Archived