H1B waiting, OPT expires early next week can I continue work?

abcxyz07

I am on OPT extension right now and my OPT is expiring next week. I am currently working on my OPT stem extension. My H1B is not approved yet, it is still pending and is in RFE response review when I check the status. I am not sure if I can continue working when my OPT expires next week until my H1B is approved. I thought I would hear about my H1B status by now and could work on my H1B from October but it is not approved yet. I am not sure if I can continue working after my opt expiration?

I have a admission letter from a university that will provide CPT from first semester and I can continue working when the school starts that is from 21st of October 2013, about 2 weeks from now. Not sure if I should go with the Univeristy or wait for my H1B.  I am not sure if I can work on my extension if applicable following the OPT expiration.

Please let me know ASAP, your help will be appreciated. Thanks

I am on OPT extension right now and my OPT is expiring next week. I am currently working on my OPT stem extension. My H1B is not approved yet, it is still pending and is in RFE response review when I check the status. I am not sure if I can continue working when my OPT expires next week until my H1B is approved. I thought I would hear about my H1B status by now and could work on my H1B from October but it is not approved yet. I am not sure if I can continue working after my opt expiration?

I have a admission letter from a university that will provide CPT from first semester and I can continue working when the school starts that is from 21st of October 2013, about 2 weeks from now. Not sure if I should go with the Univeristy or wait for my H1B.  I am not sure if I can work on my extension if applicable following the OPT expiration.

Please let me know ASAP, your help will be appreciated. Thanks

You have to stop working once your OPT expires. You need to apply for cap gap. Joining an university just to get a CPT is a strict NO NO.

Thank you for your reply,

As my OPT is expiring early next week along with my Driving License, and my H1B case is still pending for approval. Do you think if I can renew my license based on my H1B receipt or am I not eligible for it? Also, my license belong to a different state and now I am in a different state.

Please let me know your thoughts, advice and suggestions. I just have a day left

Thank You so much!

If you think that you can work for same job both using CPT and H1, then what's the difference between them??

CPT is for a FTE so forget CPT.

Coming to your case, you have to stop working after your OPT exp and wait till H1 is approval, you are lucky that you can stay in US till your H1 is approved using CAP GAP.

Thank you for your help,

My intention was if I wait for my H1B I may loose my current job as I may hav to wait for long time as I am not sure what is the last date we would know about the final decision. I thought as I have a job right now and could start with CPT if I don't hear anything by October 21 about my H1B approval. If by anychance h1b gets denied or something I will not have a job and now atleast I can work on CPT until I get my H1B. I could be wrong here please correct me. My plan is to quit the University once my H1B is approved. Not sure bhai, I am really lost here. I am not sure what is correct and what is not...

Thanks

Thank you for your help,

My intention was if I wait for my H1B I may loose my current job as I may hav to wait for long time as I am not sure what is the last date we would know about the final decision. I thought as I have a job right now and could start with CPT if I don't hear anything by October 21 about my H1B approval. If by anychance h1b gets denied or something I will not have a job and now atleast I can work on CPT until I get my H1B. I could be wrong here please correct me. My plan is to quit the University once my H1B is approved. Not sure bhai, I am really lost here. I am not sure what is correct and what is not...

Thanks

To get a quick decision upgrade to premium processing. Either you or your employer can pay the fee.

Thank you for your help,

Thanks

Did you read my earlier reply??

Ok, this is what happens if you go for CPT.

http://forum.murthy.com/index.php?/topic/61334-regarding-rfe-on-cpt/

Archived