FP notice - Is early walkin safe?

eternalgcwait

My wife got her FP notice today with a scheduled date of 10/25. The notice has both the receipt numbers for I-485 and I-765 (EAD). USCIS sent 2 separate notices but they seem exact copies and I am not sure why. My questions are:

1. Can I do a early walk-in for biometrics before 10/25 and it is advisable/safe? The ASC is in Baltimore MD

2. Since the FP notice also had the receipt no. for I-765, does it mean that we'll only get EAD after the biometrics are taken?

3. Do I need to be concerned about the 2 exact copies sent? I presume it is because the notice is for both I-485 and I-765.

Your inputs are greatly appreciated.

My wife got her FP notice today with a scheduled date of 10/25. The notice has both the receipt numbers for I-485 and I-765 (EAD). USCIS sent 2 separate notices but they seem exact copies and I am not sure why. My questions are:

1. Can I do a early walk-in for biometrics before 10/25 and it is advisable/safe? The ASC is in Baltimore MD

2. Since the FP notice also had the receipt no. for I-765, does it mean that we'll only get EAD after the biometrics are taken?

3. Do I need to be concerned about the 2 exact copies sent? I presume it is because the notice is for both I-485 and I-765.

Your inputs are greatly appreciated.

Is there any reason you want to go earlier than scheduled date of 10/25?

No. We were thinking getting the FP done earlier would make the approvals happen faster.

I very much doubt that getting your biometrics done 2-3 weeks early will make any material change to the approval timeframe. Also, if you come in early for biometrics, then you could find that you wait all day and still not have it done. Coming in early for biometrics is subject to the discretion of the USCIS and an available time slot. If everyone with an appointment shows up, then you may find that they do not have time for you.

Archived