Question on B2 Visa for elder brother and his wife

Rustam

I have been on H1B in USA for while. Just changed job and and my new H1 petition is stil in review.

My elder brother and his wife will be applying for B2 visa in India, purely for tourism. They will be visiting us for about three weeks in March.

My brother is an Independent consultant(for manufacturing industry) with good income. They own property and have good bank balance (liquid cash to show) They have only one son who is employed in an big Indian FMCG company. They have various other things in their favor to prove strong ties to India.

I understand there is nothing as sponsoring a visitor visa but in DS 160 we have to answer who is sponsoring for the trip. Question is

1) Should they select SELF or should I become the sponsor and send 134. Does it make any difference either ways.

2) If I do become the sponsor and send 134, will my new H1 petition still being in initial review be an issue for them getting B2 VISA.

3) If they select SELF, what documents should I send other than invite letter. Would it be good to send I-134 in that case as well. Just checking..!

4) Can they apply now itself even though their intended date of travel is in March. Does that matter by any chance?

Thanks!  

I understand there is nothing as sponsoring a visitor visa but in DS 160 we have to answer who is sponsoring for the trip. Question is

1) Should they select SELF or should I become the sponsor and send 134. Does it make any difference either ways.

2) If I do become the sponsor and send 134, will my new H1 petition still being in initial review be an issue for them getting B2 VISA.

3) If they select SELF, what documents should I send other than invite letter. Would it be good to send I-134 in that case as well. Just checking..!

4) Can they apply now itself even though their intended date of travel is in March. Does that matter by any chance?

Thanks!  

Of course it will be self sponsored trip. Moreover in what way you are involved in their DS form filling??

I have been on H1B in USA for while. Just changed job and and my new H1 petition is stil in review.

My elder brother and his wife will be applying for B2 visa in India, purely for tourism. They will be visiting us for about three weeks in March.

My brother is an Independent consultant(for manufacturing industry) with good income. They own property and have good bank balance (liquid cash to show) They have only one son who is employed in an big Indian FMCG company. They have various other things in their favor to prove strong ties to India.

Thanks!  

1. "With good income". Then has to be SELF

2. Your status here is irrelevant as your elder bro is not applying for a dependent visa.

3. Nothing.

4. Yes, they can.

Archived