H1b transfer with company B, and its in process now. all of a sudden, company B says they wanted to stop the process now.

shanth10

I have initiated h1b transfer with company B, and its in process now. all of a sudden, company B says they wanted to stop the process now because they dont have demand now. I am still working with Company A, I haven't resigned/Informed with Company A.

My questions 
1) What will happen if the h1b transfer gets approved on company B? Will they be able revoke the approved H1? If so how many days will it take?

2)What will be my H1 status? will it comes under company A petition or Company B petition? 

3)I am waitiing to process my kid's h4 visa to bring USA from india. Can i now proceed with her h4 visa processing using my Company A H1B approved petition? Or do i need to wait for company B to revoke/withdraw the approved H1 petition?

I have initiated h1b transfer with company B, and its in process now. all of a sudden, company B says they wanted to stop the process now because they dont have demand now. I am still working with Company A, I haven't resigned/Informed with Company A.

My questions 

1) What will happen if the h1b transfer gets approved on company B? Will they be able revoke the approved H1? If so how many days will it take?

2)What will be my H1 status? will it comes under company A petition or Company B petition? 

3)I am waitiing to process my kid's h4 visa to bring USA from india. Can i now proceed with her h4 visa processing using my Company A H1B approved petition? Or do i need to wait for company B to revoke/withdraw the approved H1 petition?

1 & 2. As long as H1B petition is not revoked by company A you can stay with them. If not the day after last day of your work you will be out of status.

3. Yes, you can.

There is nothing wrong as mentioned by omshiv and jairichi.

H4 can be applied.

When you mentioned that H1B transfer is initiated with company B, where they have reached... this means filed your petition. Then you have a receipt number. Check the status online.

Get all the confirmation from employer B regarding your cancel of petition. Emails, docs. Keep this things as reference. Also you must have signed offer letter. Usually there is DOJ if you are not able tho join its will say this is not valid. 

This is not to scare you but keep you safe.

Archived